The Master Advisor Commendation (MAC) will be given in recognition of career or lifetime achievement in academic advising. It is Level III in the WSU ACADA certification process.
The following information about the MAC was revised in February 2012. Download this MAC Information
To be eligible as a MAC applicant you …
- must have completed Level I certification
- be current in your Level II certification
- not be a current WSU ACADA Certification Committee member; they are not eligible to apply for the MAC
Application materials consist of:
- completed cover sheet
- a statement of one’s advising philosophy; and
- a topical advising vita/resume (examples in downloadable pdf of MAC Vita Template).
- Applications may be submitted at any time during the year.
- The Chair of the Certification Committee will receive all applications electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Selection Committee will review MAC applications on an annual basis.
- All applications received by June 15th will be reviewed.
- Applicants will be notified by September 1st of their status.
Your name and demographic information will be removed before the materials are sent to the committee for review. Each member will rate the materials on the following areas:
- Participation in undergraduate student advising, mentoring, and career development at WSU
- Professional contribution to academic advising at WSU, regionally, and nationally
- Advancement of academic advising through scholarly publications, research, presentations at professional meetings, and/or innovations in advising-related practices and procedures
- Local, regional, national recognition for excellence in advising through awards, grants, and other forms of public acknowledgement
- Supervision or mentorship of academic advisors at WSU
- Other advising related activities/accomplishments not covered above
The committee will meet to review each applicant based on the MAC rubric and its members will collectively determine whether or not to grant the MAC. It is not mandatory that an applicant be exemplary in every area.
Each applicant will be provided with feedback resulting from the review process.
Recipients will be announced at the Spring General Membership Meeting each year or at the annual WSU ACADA Awards Ceremony.