The Washington State University Academic Advising Association (WSU ACADA) is the primary organized group of professional and faculty advisors and student support personnel at Washington State University.
The primary goals of the association are:
- To increase advising effectiveness at Washington State University by strengthening communication on academic advising issues within the academic community and among professional advisors.
- To aid in the development of a greater understanding of the role of advising in student learning and to strengthen University-wide recognition of the significance of academic advising in the recruitment, retention and academic success of Washington State University students.
- To develop and promote multicultural awareness and competencies for advisors and other student support professionals.
- To develop relationships with external academic professionals.
- To advocate for high quality academic advising services for students and aid in the implementation of an advising assessment process to ensure continuous improvement.
- To provide a network of advisors and other student affairs professionals that fosters a collaborative environment to ensure student success.
- To provide opportunities for professional development to academic advisors and the student support personnel throughout the WSU campuses.
- To establish an Advisor Certification Program for Washington State University.
- To recognize outstanding advisors by developing Outstanding Advisor Awards.